KC Dumpster Company Terms and Conditions
Your purchase of any dumpster from KC Dumpster Company is subject to the terms and conditions set out below which create a contract (the “Agreement”) between you and KC Dumpster Company, LLC (“KC Dumpster”), a Missouri limited liability company. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Loading the Dumpster
- The dumpster must be filled below the top of the dumpster. Most dumpsters are marked with a fill-line sticker; however, regardless of whether this sticker is on the dumpster or not, nothing should protrude above the top or along the sides of the dumpster. Any sharp materials must be loaded sharp-side down.
- The dumpster should be loaded as evenly as possible, meaning that no excessively heavy materials should be limited to one side of the dumpster. It is to your benefit to load the dumpster as compactly as possible; however, please still make sure the dumpster is filled at or below the fill line.
- Dumpsters over our US DOT limit of 10 tons can be subject to overage fees at a price of $50/ton for each ton over 10.
- If a dumpster is overloaded and/or too heavy for a driver to lift, s/he is allowed to leave the dumpster on site, you will be subject to a $150 trip charge, and we will not return for the container until all violations have been corrected.
- The following items are prohibited within the dumpsters. If a driver is still on site and sees these items, s/he is allowed to leave them on site. If the items are not discovered until reaching the landfill, they will result in the specified fees:
- Paint / paint cans ($5/can)
- Buckets ($5/bucket)
- Industrial-size trash cans ($10/can)
- Appliances with freon (TBD)
- Hazardous/chemical materials (TBD)
- Flammable items (TBD)
- Tires ($20/tire)
- Anything else prohibited by local, state, or federal regulations and laws
- Concrete is limited to 20-yard dumpsters and should be broken into small pieces. Concrete dumpsters can only contain concrete; mixing concrete with trash, yard waste, or other construction debris can result in additional fees, even if the container has not exceeded the allotted weight limit. To avoid breaching the 10 ton limit and thus obtaining overage charges, please only fill concrete dumpsters to ¾ of the way full at max.
- Dirt and rock are limited to 20-yard dumpsters. Dirt and/or rock dumpsters can only contain dirt and/or rock; mixing dirt or rock with trash, yard waste, or other construction debris can result in additional fees, even if the container has not exceeded the allotted weight limit. To avoid breaching the 10 ton limit and thus obtaining overage charges, please only fill dirt and/or rock dumpsters to ¾ of the way full at max.
- Yard waste is limited to 20- and 30-yard dumpsters. Yard waste dumpsters can only contain yard waste; mixing yard waste with trash, concrete, or other construction debris can result in additional fees, even if the container has not exceeded the allotted weight limit.
- If a driver sees prohibited items, mixed materials, etc., s/he is allowed to leave the dumpster on site, you will be subject to a $150 trip charge, and we will not return for the container until all violations have been corrected.
- For the duration of the rental period, which will be set upon the time of your initial rental, you are responsible for the contents and loading of the dumpster. Any contents added by third parties are not the responsibility of KC Dumpster and are still subject to fees.
- For best service, please contact us at least 24 hours in advance of needing a dumpster.
- We deliver and pickup between 7AM-5PM. Although we will attempt to cater to requests for specific times, these remain as requests and are not guaranteed.
- Should we encounter a situation whereupon we are for some reason unable to deliver your dumpster on the day you requested it, we will make every effort to contact you and inform you of the delay.
- Should we encounter any issues with the dumpsters upon pickup or swap-outs, we will make every reasonable effort to make contact and/or resolve the issue before charging a trip charge. These issues include but are not limited to overloaded or improperly loaded containers, cars or other items blocking access to the container, locked gates on the property, and dumpsters where the door is not locked and latched upon time for pickup. Please take all reasonable steps (i.e., securing the dumpster door, coning the area in front of the container, etc.) to ensure that the drivers will be able to access the container with no issues. Drivers will wait no more than 15 minutes for issues to be resolved before leaving a site and/or before we charge a fee. A failed trip charge is $150.
- Dumpsters cannot be placed on the street without a permit.
- Dumpsters will not be placed any place from which a driver thinks s/he may have difficulty retrieving the full dumpster. Therefore, a driver can refuse placement if s/he thinks it may cause a problem in the future but will attempt to offer a reasonable alternative for placement.
- Per regulations, dumpsters must be placed at least 8 feet away from a building and 10 feet away from a street.
- You agree not to move the dumpster from the location the driver has placed it. If the driver makes a mistake, please contact the KC Dumpster office and we will send a driver to relocate it. Relocations that are not at the fault of KC Dumpster are subject to a $150 fee.
- Dumpsters must be purchased via credit card. We do not accept cash, money orders, or checks. We do accept Visa and Mastercard; American Express and Discover are also accepted but with an additional $10 processing fee per dumpster rental.
- Dumpster rentals must be paid for in full prior to delivery. We will not deliver a dumpster that has not been paid for.
- Each time a dumpster is emptied and returned, the rental period and rental fees begin again. By ordering an empty and return, you agree to again be charged the full price of the dumpster.
- KC Dumpster reserves the right to charge your credit card for any of the aforementioned prohibited items found in the container or for a container that cannot be safely hauled. You will be informed of these charges before they occur.
By renting a container with KC Dumpster Company, you (a) are indicating that you understand these terms and conditions and agree to be legally bound to them, on behalf of the company or other legal entity for which are acting (e.g., as an employee) (“Company”), or if there is no Company, on behalf of yourself as an individual; and (B) you represent and warrant that you have the right, power, and authority to act on behalf of and bind your Company (if any) or yourself (if there is no such entity).
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference, as well as informing subcontractors and other relevant parties of their contents.