After you are done decluttering, it is time to get down to packing.
Before you can begin, inspect all the packing supplies to ascertain that you have everything you need. A lot goes into packing, including separating delicate items that need special packing from the ordinary items.
An important question regarding packing that most people fail to ask is when one should begin packing for a move. Generally, you should start packing one month before the moving date. Starting early on your moving out checklist ensures that you get most of the work done before the moving day. While some situations may necessitate the allocation of shorter packing periods, try to make more time packing.
Some of the essential packing tips include:
- Pack room-by-room. Pack the items in one room before proceeding to the next one. This helps with the grouping of items and ensures boxes stay organized.
- Begin packing in the rooms that are the least occupied. Guest rooms and other less frequented rooms will contain the least-used items. Besides getting the seasonal stuff out of the way first, this helps you use less time.
- Label all the boxes appropriately. Including the name of the room on the box is good, but including a shortlist of the items packed in the box is great. You can also find an inventive way of noting which boxes need to come off the moving truck first.
- Use the right boxes for the right items. It is advisable to use smaller boxes for heavy items to avoid overloading and risking box breakdown.
- Pack all items you may need on the first night. Such items may include sheets, pillows, toiletries, phone chargers, and other necessary items on the day you arrive.
- Pack your tools last. These will help you fix and assemble furniture, and they should be packed last so that they come off the truck first as you’ll need them once you get to your new home.
Last Thoughts on How to Prepare for Moving Out
While moving can be overwhelming, sticking to the various moving preparation tips above can help make the process easier and more enjoyable. Most importantly, you should plan ahead of time, organize everything you need for the process, and pack like a pro. This way, you can enjoy a hassle-free process and move into your new home without a glitch. KC Dumpster is here for any moving preparation tips and more! Contact us today.